<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d34267377\x26blogName\x3dAmber+%E2%99%A5\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://memydreamxmylife.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://memydreamxmylife.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7867543361986652106', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe", messageHandlersFilter: gapi.iframes.CROSS_ORIGIN_IFRAMES_FILTER, messageHandlers: { 'blogger-ping': function() {} } }); } }); </script>


Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 1:56 PM
this is a touching letter i got from Quan Yifeng's blog
i have tried to loosely translate it to english for the benefit of non-chinese :)
its not a really good translation but it held the meaning..
this is written by a parent to her child..

當我老了 , 不再是原來的我
when i grew old, and isnt what i originally was
請理解我 , 對我有一點耐心 .
please understand me, and treat me with patience.
當我把菜湯洒到的衣服上時 , 當我忘記怎樣系鞋帶時 ,
when i accidentally spilled soup on my shirt, when i forgot how to tie my shoelaces
請想一想當初我是如何牽著你的手教你 .
please think about how i held your hands to teach you in the past
當我一遍又一遍的重复你早已聽膩的話語 ,
when i kept repeating words that you were already sick of
請耐心的聽我說 , 不要打斷我 .
please listen to me with patience, don't interrupt me.
你從小的時候 , 我不得不重复那個我講過千百遍的故事 , 直到你進入夢鄉 .
when you were young, i couldnt not repeat stories that were already repeated for so many times, until you fell asleep.

當我需要你幫我洗澡時 , 請不要責备我 .
when i need you to bathe me, please do not reprimand me.
還記得小時候我千方百計哄你洗澡的情形嗎 ?
do you still remember how i use all kinds of methods to coax you to bathe?
當我對新科技和新事物不知所措時 , 請不要嘲笑我 .
when i could'nt seem to understand the new technologies and inventions, please do not laugh at me.
想一想當初我怎樣耐心地去回答你每一個 ” 為什麼 ” .
think about how in the past i always patiently answer all your "whys".

當我由于双脚疲勞而無法行走時 ,請伸出你年輕有力的手攙扶我 .
when my legs are tired and cant walk anymore, please extend your young and energetic hand to hold me.
就像你小時候學習走路時 , 我扶你那樣 .
just like how i hold you, when you were just learning how to walk.
當我忽然忘記我們談話的主題 , 請給我一些時間去回想 .
when i suddenly forget the main topic of our conversation, please give me some time to remember.
其實對我來說 , 談論什麼并不重要 ,
actually to me, it doesnt matter what we were talking about,
只要你能在一旁聽我說 , 我就很滿足了 .
as long as you can be beside me and listen to me talk, i am already contented.

當你看著老去的我 , 請不要悲傷 .
when you look at the aged and wrinkly me, please dont be sad.
理解我 , 支持我 , 就像你剛開始學習如何生活時我對你那樣 .
understand me, support me, just like how i treat you when you are just learning how to live.
當初我引導你走上人生的路 ,
gone were the days when i guide you on the path of life,
如今請陪我走完最後的路 , 給我你的愛和耐心 ,
and now please accompany me down my last journey, give me love and patience,
我會報以感激的微笑 .
i will reprociate you with a grateful smile.
這微笑中凝結著我對你無限的愛 .
and this smile will contain the unconditional and limitless love from me to you.
xoxo, Amber ♥
0 Comments
(Post a Comment)
P.S. Just need a Click from you if there is any Nuffnang ad showing :D